Wednesday, January 13, 2010

In Summary: Automating INotifyPropertyChanged in Silverlight/Prism

Well, I've about exhausted my options and it's safe to say there is currently no quick win here.
  • Option 1: PostSharp : Has issues with derived types that break databinding
  • Option 2: Unity with Interception : Interception has not been implemented in Unity for Silverlight. Seems there are no plans on the horizon to do it either.
  • Option 3: Using Castle DynamicProxy : Might have been easy to do if I had been able to use the Prism Contrib project's Windsor adapter, but unfortunately it has not been updated for Prism V2.
  • Option 4: Use DynamicProxy with Unity : Would probably require writing a custom Unity extension. Not something I have time for right now.

So I think I'll have to leave it at that for the moment and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment